This is in case you have to sell a home for your parents. If I never mentioned it, I was a Realtor in the state of Ohio over a 37 year period of time.
- Hire a good, professional Realtor that was recommended to you if you don’t already know them
- Purchase a home warranty for the buyer (You don’t pay until home is sold.)
- Make sure you have an original Power of Attorney for the title company to do their work, just in case your parent is unable to sign when necessary.
- Find out the age of the roof, furnace, air, and the appliances are because you will be asked.
- Clean out as much as you can ahead of time-have it not be cluttered if possible.