Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The V.A. lost the application for benefits, and the guy quit who was "helping" us. What now?



We were trying to get some benefits for my dad since he qualified for them, having served in the Navy during WWII.  But.... the V.A. LOST my dad's application. Unfortunately we got a guy that quit in the middle of our whole process.  My brother was frustrated beyond belief. These emails took place over a 6 month period or so.

Dear MR (INCOMPETENT)attached is HARRY GERGEL ORIGINAL APPLICATION Please  make sure the original date is honored. Since the application Harry has been in Southwest Hospital, the Cleveland Clinic, and now FXXXX WXXXX long term care facility in SXXXXXXXX,  OH. He will not return home. My mother will have to sell her home. Please help.
If anything is needed feel free to call xxx xxx xxxx anytime or email me back at this address.
Dan Gergel

this is email THREE of three
PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THE PAPERWORK IS NOT ARRANGED THE WAY YOU WANT. i TRIED TO SCAN AND EMAIL AND IT KEPT COMING BACK BECAUSE THE FILE IS TOO LARGE. ADDITIONALLY, THE FIRST EMAIL (NOT NUMBERED) HAD THE SOCIAL SECURITY STATEMENT AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE .
please email me that you rec'd these items and will proceed with the claim. PLEASE
Dan Gergel

END OF APRIL EMAIL FROM BRENDA

Hi  Just thought I'd let you know we're going  on vacation from Friday May  6th  to the 18th.  Pete will have his cell xxx xxxxx, but I am not taking mine.  We'll be at the Palms of xxxx the whole time.  Dad seems to be ok except for being a little drowsier than normal.. I mentioned to the nurse that if this continues, they should consider giving the (DRUG NAME) at night.  They will need to run it by the Dr, but  it will depend on if he is being civil during the day w/o it.  ALSO, someone needs to help mom to call the insurance co about wind damage to her roof.  I was there on Wed and didn't really notice anything, but she said there was a bunch of shingles in her lawn.  (maybe not even hers????)    It might be from the back, I didn't look there.   Love you all    Brenda

from Dan:
Mr. (INCOMPETENT)OF THE VA F***** UP AND LOST THE CLAIM...ITS BEEN five months.  HE WOULD NOT RETURN ANY OF MY CALLS UNTIL TODAY.
ODDLEY ENOUGH BETTY (his mother in law) WENT THOUGH AND SHES GETTING BENEFITS RETROACTIVE 5 MONTHS AGO! Go figure
dan
 From: sandy
To: dan
Subject: RE: harry_gerg el_VA_appl ication
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:28:03 -0700
Dan-
Great job. Thanks for letting me know.

The nursing home is going to recommend dad not come home. I just spoke to them to confirm our appt. tomorrow and she said he could be there for the meeting and I said I don't think that would be a good idea. He is not going to be happy about not going home.
Sandy

There were so many things to handle that we were not used to doing. My mother was not herself. She kept waiting for my brother to step in and do everything my dad usually did. That was an unrealistic expectation, especially at this stage.

Later on I have a much better VA story to tell, but it would be out of sequence right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment